Monday, July 20, 2009

My Studio


I thought I might post some photos of my studio. I've seen some photos of some pretty impressive studios, and I'll let you know ahead of time that mine isn't perfect, but I would definitely give it a 10 for function.
I have 2 desks. One is dedicated solely to beading, and it currently has about 2 projects running on it. I'm doing a Vintage Lucite Necklace and a Rubber O-Ring Bracelet. In the photo you can see that I have an inspiration wall above the desk, with ideas for color and for future projects, as well as some art that my nieces made for me. Below that is my tool storage, along with a basket on the right which holds the beads that I'm currently working with. You'll recognize the beading board on the desk, which is a little bit untidy, but this picture was taken when one project was coming in and one was about to be finished...a messy time. Hanging on the wall to the left are my apron and some finished necklaces, some of which are posted on my Etsy page.

In the next picture, you can see my storage area. It's a big built-in bookshelf where I keep all of my supplies. Here you'll find anything from books to stamps to yarn to paper to decoupage medium, and so much more. It's pretty cool. The room also has a huge skylight in the middle of it. I'm lucky to have such a great room to create in.
In this picture is a painting desk with a glass top that I have set up with an easel (easel not pictured), where I can do watercolors, acrylics, and where I will do oils someday soon. I know there's carpet on the floor, but I promise to put something down to protect it before I bring out the paint. I use this desk to do charcoal drawings sometimes, and this is where I do my mixed media collage work. There is also a sofa in the room which makes into a bed, as well as the hope chest my grandmother gave me many years ago. There's a window seat in the back of the room that makes a nice place to sit and think...which actually happens less than you'd think in what has become a very productive place.

All in all, my studio is a special room and I feel very blessed to have it. This studio is only a few months old and is still growing and changing, but my whole life has metamorphosed since it was created for me and I owe merci beaucoup to my husband for making it happen.

That's all the beady news for now. TTFN.

16 comments:

Terri said...

it's so nice to have a space dedicated to where you can work...enjoy your studio!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chickadee!
Cute space!!
Big mermaid hugs

toodles-
sarah

Willnnabel said...

Compact yet so simply wonderful. Great space, I tend to spread, like a virus.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the sweet comment! I really like your built in cupbords and shelves, and the couch is great! I'm always changing stuff around too.
:) Missy

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Isn't it great to have a spot? Thanks for letting me visit.


cindy-stitches-n-stuff.bloggirl.com

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

About Ecuador! We must be related!
I'm related to all cool people.


cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com

Karen Valentine said...

I think it's terrific. The best part...it's yours! I think we all need that place to go and create something. Studio's evolve over time, and I know yours will too. (Not that it isn't great right now!) Thank so much for coming to my party. You really helped to make it a great success!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Thank you for sharing your creative space!
I didn't get my studio photographed for this event, but I am having a giveaway on my blog this weekend for "Christmas in July". Stop by if you like PINK! :)
~Becca~

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Very nice space, I really like your built in cabinet! The bright red couch is cute too.
Thanks so much for the tour and for stopping by to see my space too!
Karen

Kara Ward said...

That couch looks like a great place to dream new creations. I can't wait to see what you do with all those paints...Looks like you have a place to call your studio! It is perfect!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Oh, your studio is fantastic! Doesn't it give you a giddy feeling having your own space just for you and your imagination!? I'm so glad you shared it...I believe that a studio evolves throughout our lives and transforms as we do. :0) Enjoy it as I know you do!

Please drop by my blog to see my "studio on progress". I just recently moved into our home and have been remodeling for almost three months..it's almost done. (I think!) :0)

See ya,
Stephanie

Kim-Fille de Fleur said...

I really like the fact that your space is so functional. Does it inspire you? Surround yourself with things that inspire and delight you. Thanks for sharing and I love your jewelry on Etsy.
Kim

BellaRosa said...

I think you have a great space! Key word you HAVE :) And you know what your a lucky duck to have it :) I after 12 years in this house finally "gave" myself (well actually took over) a room in our house to have a place to create of my very own, it has been a slow process but I am excited for the thought of the day when I can just walk in, sit down and create :) Rose

Pellie / Penny said...

Hello,
Yep I'm still visiting studio's. - I just turned 59 and am a bit slower than I used to be - so please forgive me that I didn't make it here sooner.
Your Studio looks so large - lots of room to spread out(nice) and a skylight (wow! how cool is that).
Your built in bookcases are to die for; lots of good storage.
Your studio will metamorph and change many times as you try thing,work on things , change and grow. At least yours has good bones to work with.
Hugs,
Penny

beautifullybrokenme said...

Isn't is nice to have your own creative space - it makes for such a calming personal retreat. You are definitely making it your own - keep it up! I love your built-ins - what great storage! Thank you so much for sharing your space!

:-) Molly

Her Art Nest said...

Nice serene creative space. I love all the clean lines, and your red accent color. Beautiful space to really starting creating. ~Nan