Thursday, August 27, 2009

New...and Different!



You may have noticed in my Etsy Shop that I have started to make Tooth Fairy Pillows. I've got about 5 of them made now, all with different fabric and trim combinations. They're really cute. They have 2 pockets in them, instead of one, and I came up with the idea that the second pocket could be used for healthy snacks. These tooth fairy pillows aren't tooth-shaped and don't have fairies on them, so they're really versatile and can be used even as the child gets older and wants to hide their treasures inside them.

My Butterflies and Stripes Tooth Fairy Pillow, filled with Healthy Snacks and Ca$h!

I remember when I was just a little girl, my aunt made a tooth fairy pillow for me...it was heart shaped and pink, and it had my initials on it. It was trimmed in lace. It was really cute, even though I'm not the pink/lacy kind of girl. I think it was more geared toward the tooth fairy's likes than my own.

My Birdies Tooth Fairy Pillow, with Vintage Buttons

One day, I lost my tooth and was saving it in my pocket or something to put in my tooth fairy pillow in the evening, and somehow it got lost...really lost. I remember being so upset about it. I wrote a note to the tooth fairy and put it in the pillow's tiny pocket. I guess she felt sorry for me, because in the morning, she had left me some coins and a little note in return. It sure looked like my mom's handwriting though. Aaaaaanyway.

Other than that, I've been making some glass tile necklaces which have turned out very nicely, and that's about it.

Check out the Tooth Fairy Pillows at my Etsy Shop! I'll be adding more in the next week or so!

TTFN!


No comments: