Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Hospital

I feel like I know the hospital a little too well lately. For the last month I've been back and forth to the one hospital or the other, like, daily. My very dear aunt has had some surgery and is now recovering, and we've been wanting to be with her quite a lot.

The good news is that she's doing quite well and will probably be able to walk with her walker in about a week. The bad news is that she will have the hospital in her life for at least a few more months as she is treated for her illness.

I think her outlook is great, but I feel bad that she will has such a long road left. She'll be just fine.

As for me, I've not had time to work on much of anything creative lately. I did a mixed media piece about 3-4 weeks ago, which I'm in love with, and I made some prints of it which I will probably put up on Etsy eventually (when I get some TIME!). I also made some prints of another piece I did and will put those up as well.

I have some ideas for other pieces, too. It just takes time to get them going. I need at least half a day of uninterrupted time to work on a piece and get it started, and I haven't had that in I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG. :) I may take a day off someday soon and try to put my head down and work. The problem with a day off is that I would be tempted to rest and not work on creative endeavours! :)

I have a pic of my aunt that I almost posted here, but I thought about it, and I don't think she'd appreciate a picture of herself posted when she's not completely healed yet, so I won't post it- but I will say that I'm very proud of how far she's come, and I really wanted to post it to show everyone how great she looks!

Who knows when I'll post next, but hopefully it will be a post with a picture of some new artwork or bead work! After all, the Bay Area Bead Extravaganza is coming up in about a week and a half!



No comments: